King Kooker® BBSKu’d Cajun Turkey
Create New Holiday Traditions! Roast Your Turkey in a King Kooker® Skewer Pot and get Your Crawfish Flavor Fix even When Crawfish Are Out of Season!
- 1 – 20 Lb. defrosted turkey
- 1 – King Kooker® Skewer Pot (Model# KK30SRP)
- 1 – King Kooker® Garlic Butter with Herb Marinade (96048)
- 1 – King Kooker® Marinade Injector ( Model# TI6, TI8, or TI12S)
- 1 – Pair of King Kooker® Cooking Gloves (Model# 2015GB)
- 1 – Bottle of King Kooker® Liquid Crab Boil, 8 oz.
- 3 – Bottles of King Kooker® Complete Crab, Shrimp, Crawfish Boil, 16 oz.
- 1 – Cup of olive oil
- 10 – lemons, cut in half
- 1- onion, cut in quarters
- 1 – cutting board
- 1 – knife
- 1 – stainless steel baster, at least 12″ long
- 1 – King Kooker® outdoor cooker (54,000 BTU’s with a casting), hooked up to propane tank and ready to cook
- Access to water
- Use King Kooker® Marinade Injector to inject turkey with King Kooker® Garlic Butter with Herb Marinade.
- Using food prep gloves, coat turkey skin with olive oil.
- Then to coat the turkey, rub with a 1/2 Bottle of King Kooker® Complete Crab, Shrimp, Crawfish Boil.
- Place the skewer pot on top of your King Kooker® outdoor cooker.
- Remove the basket and fill pot with water up to the bottom perforation on the skewer.
- Add 2 bottles of King Kooker® Complete Crab, Shrimp, Crawfish Boil to the water in the pot and put the basket back into the pot.
- Insert the turkey, cavity first with legs up, over the skewer and slide the turkey down into the bottom of the basket.
- Use the remaining 1/2 Bottle of Complete Crab, Shrimp, Crawfish Boil Seasoning to recoat the turkey wherever the seasoning may have rubbed off during the prepping process.
- To prevent charring – Separate the turkey from the skewer by inserting the quartered onion pieces into the cavity between the turkey and the skewer.
- Light the cooker and adjust the regulator to for a medium to low heat.
- Cook time — 6.5 Minutes/Lb. Cook for the calculated time on a steady medium to low heat.
- Once the water below the basket begins bubbling at the bottom of the pot, put the lid on the pot.
- Check the turkey frequently, at least every 15 minutes to make sure you maintain your liquid level. If the water level seems too low, add more water.
- Baste the turkey with the stainless steel baster every 30 minutes, using the juices from the bottom of the pot. Make sure to wear King Kooker® cooking gloves to prevent burns. The pot, turkey, and juices will be very hot!
- 25 minutes before the turkey is finished, pour 1 bottle of Coat the Turkey with 1 Bottle of King Kooker® Liquid Crab Boil, and squeeze in the lemon halves.
- Drop the squeezed lemons into the pot, on top of the turkey to help maximize the citrus flavor.
- Cover the pot with the lid again, until the turkey cooking time is finished.
- Cut the thigh to check that all juices are clear and that the turkey is done.
- If the turkey is not don, continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Recheck for doneness.
- Once thoroughly cooked, turn off the outdoor cooker. Wearing the cooking gloves, lift the basket to remove the turkey. Set it on a cutting board to cool.
- When the turkey has cooled enought to remove from the basket, place it onto the carving board.
- Carvew, serve, and enjoy! 😁